My Journey to Supernatural Transformation
It all began in February 2016. I was sitting on the balcony of a cruise ship in Southeast Asia. This cruise was a gift from my husband for my 50th birthday. I should have been grateful and happy, but I was miserable! Upon the review of my life, I felt my accomplishments thus far were underwhelming.
Moreover, and more importantly I did not like myself, I hated myself. I was a 50-year-old obese, financially dependent, angry, unkind, judgemental, unattractive, unaccomplished, pessimistic, ungrateful, uneducated, depressed, walking, talking zombie! This is what I thought, anyhow.
My life was one of quiet desperation. The queen of complaining, to clarify, I excelled at inventing excuses for EVERYTHING. Subsequently, all of my troubles were someone else’s fault. I drove all my friends away, in other words, I burned bridges like a pyromaniac. The relationship with my family and children was nonexistent. Meanwhile, my marriage was troubled. To sum it up, it was time for a supernatural transformation.
Upon my return, I did a deep dive into the world of self-improvement. Firstly, I wanted to find mentors whose message truly resonated with me. Secondly, I had to define the areas of my life that I needed to improve. My first teacher came to me in the form of a meme on Facebook. It was a quote by Robin S. Sharma that so resonated with me I had to find out more about him. I Googled his name and found his YouTube Channel.
I devoured all of his content on this channel and was able to define and create a list of eight areas of success that needed exponential advancement in my life.
The 8 Forms of Success for Supernatural Transformation
#1 Success Form
- Inner Success. This includes a positive mindset, high-self respect, internal peace and a strong spiritual connection.
#2 Success Form
- Physical Success. Your health is your wealth. What’s the point of getting to a great place in your career if you get sick doing it? Why be the wealthiest person in the graveyard?
#3 Success Form
- Family Success. When your family life is happy, you will perform better at work. No one gets to the end of their lives and regrets making their family a top priority.
#4 Success Form
- Career Success. Actualizing your highest potential by reaching for your best in your career is incredibily important. Getting to greatness in your profession brings a feeling of satisfaction on a job well done.
#5 Success Form
- Economic Success. Money is an essential tool. It makes life better. Money allows you to live in a beautiful home. Take amazin vacations and provide well for those you love.
#6 Success Form
- Community Success. Human beings have a psychological need for connection and belonging. A network of mentors, prolific thinkers
andvalued friends make life better.
#7 Success Form
- Adventure Success. To be fulfilled, each of us needs mystery in our lives. Challenge is necessary for happiness. The human brain craves novelty. And we are creative beings so we need to be creating consistently if we hope to feel joy. Lots of adventure (ranging from meeting new people to visiting new places) is an essential element of success.
#8 Success Form
- Impact Success. Perhaps the deepest longing of the human heart is to live for something greater than itself. Each of us craves to be significant. To make a difference. To know that the world has somehow been better because we have walked the planet.
Now that I had a list of the areas of success I had to build on, subsequently I had to create a community of mentors to surround myself. These teachers would help me grow to world-class in all eight sectors — many days and months past, and after listening to every one of Tim Ferris’s Podcasts, hundreds of potential mentors would further clarify my path to exponential growth and success. https://tim.blog/podcast/
It has been nearly three years of study. Hundreds of books read, and courses taken. Emotional wounds and past traumas mostly healed. I am now ready to take massive action on my gargantuan goals towards my supernatural transformation in the eight areas of success. That journey will be chronicled here